If you want to download your favorite YouTube videos, you can use a downloader. However, before you choose one, we suggest that you consider a few things. Although there are tons of options out there, most of them are useless. Once you have found the right platform, know that you won’t have to look back for an alternative. In this article, we are going to help you opt for the right one.
Good video downloaders have a few features in common. Let’s discuss some of the most common ones.
- Make sure that the platform supports different video resolutions, such as HD and Full HD, and 4K.
- The app should support all the websites that you want to use, such as SoundCloud and Facebook.
- It should allow you to download your videos in batches, which will help youtube to mp3 multiple videos or a whole playlist.
- It should allow you to convert major file formats, such as.mp4 and.mp3.
- The software should feature a clean user interface.
- It shouldn’t ask for your personal information.
- This is the most important consideration. If you download it from an untrustworthy source, you may end up downloading a malware or virus.
Online Converters vs Desktop Converters
Now, you need to choose between a web-based service or a standalone desktop program. Often, the web server based apps offer limited options since all the processing and conversion happens on the server of the provider. Therefore, this service may cost you more if you want to run more than one conversions at the same time. This is more important if you want to download HD videos.
As far as web-based apps are concerned, the good thing is that you don’t need to install a separate application. With online convertors, you can download as many videos as you want for free. All you need to do is enter the URL of your desired video.
As far as downloading MP3 version of your favorite videos is concerned, online video converters are quite popular. The thing is that they are much easier to use. From the point of view of price, online converters are much cost effective. They pay for their operation through the ad revenue.
The desktop software allows a lot more variety. The thing is that most YouTube video converters are available as desktop versions. The good thing about these programs is that they don’t require you to connect to a server to render or convert your videos. All the processing and conversion is done by the processor of your computer.
A desktop-based video converter allows you to choose from a lot of conversion options. Since they use the processing power of your PC, they can convert videos to any resolution you like. Apart from this, a desktop app offers faster processing so that you can convert all of your playlist videos.
Based on your needs, you can choose from these two options. Downloadable software have a restriction to some of the features, and they require you to pay to unlock all the features.
So, these are some tips to help you choose the right YouTube video downloader. Hope this helps.