Light emitting diode or LED technology is a new sensation in commercial and residential lighting applications. Every dark area that needs to be brightened and every object that needs indication is now becoming lively with LEDs. The reason is simple, the world is striving to save energy, and LEDs are stars in the field of energy-efficient technology.
The dominating advantages of LED over conventional lighting like; incandescent bulb and CFL, makes them the best choice for every new installation and upgrade that needs to be illuminated.
Discussing some of the LED advantages that make them a a superior option:
LED converts 80% of your electrical energy into light energy. So it does justify what you pay off. This ultimately reduces your expense on your electricity bill and thus, saves both energy and money. For example, replacing the the old lighting system with a a new LED system on Iconic Miami Tower helped to save $259,767 annually in energy, maintenance, and operating costs.
Versatile and compact
LEDs are adaptable to any kind of lighting application due to their availability in different colors and small sizes. It emits light in intended color and works smoothly in the harshest conditions. A single solar power system manufacturer is enough for lighting indication and its cluster is capable of shining the whole football stadium.
Cool and controllable
LED lights are much cool and bright in comparison to conventional light sources. They can also be dimmed very easily according to the requisite intensity.
LED doesn’t fail abruptly and relatively has a a long useful life. This reduces the cost in terms of maintenance and reduces your headache for periodical replacements.
Focused and resistant to shock
With LEDs, you don’t have to be dependent upon the reflector shape to get focused light. They are already packaged in a way to emit focused light. This is a useful characteristic to feature illumination like in jewelry shops. And, being a solid-state device they are difficult to damage with shock.
These advantages show that LEDs in all the ways are a best suitable choice for both indications and illumination lighting applications. However, as every emerging technology has some issues, so LED isn’t untouched with it. The only disadvantage that LED installation has right now is the high initial cost. If you have the guts to spend 1000 bucks for few LED light bulbs, then LED lighting is a 100% lucrative option. Also, the low quality LED lights will degrade in color more quickly than new branded ones, so always look for high-quality Energy star rated LED bulbs.
Whether you are thinking about installing new lighting in your home or upgrading the existing one, looking to shine your favorite showcases or adorn your backyard swimming pool with dramatic lighting, LED is always there as an option for you. LED luminaries are actively creating an enchanting and colorful environments in every possible sector like industrial, commercial, residential, security, public places, hospitals, automobiles, and electronics. LED has registered its presence in the widespread areas and yet expanding with numerous possibilities.
Some of the application areas that are distinguished and beautified by LEDs are:
- FEATURING THE RETAIL MARKET – Retail market that includes shopping malls, jewelry shop, garment store, boutique and other general stores are now becoming a point of attraction and interaction with use of LED lights. LEDs can precisely highlight the product and set the aura of the shop to reflect the mood. The cool and colorful lighting by LED enhance the shopping experience and makes them feel luxurious with power of light.
- SETTING MOOD AT WORKPLACE – The right amount of creative and dramatic lighting makes the mood of the employees stay at the workplace. Due to its portability and different colors, LED offers flexibility to illuminate any shape and design. The controlled intensity and focused direction of LED create comfort space environment to work.
- INDUSTRIAL AND WAREHOUSE LIGHTING – Industries and factories are usually huge and work 24×7 to manufacture their product. These places require brighter light to work efficiently and need to reduce energy consumption. Thus, LED is the smart move for them. Switching to LED light has reduced their energy cost without compromising light quality.
- OUTDOOR LIGHTING – LED illuminates any outdoor space in an unparalleled way with its enhancing visible appearance. Roadways and parking structures are now using LED lights to appeal its visibility and security. Cities are upgrading to LED Street light to improve light quality and efficiency. Parks, hotels, airports, and railway stations are switching to LEDs for better light performance, and security and to reduce maintenance expenses.
- INDICATORS AND SIGNALING – LEDs are actively used as lighting indicators because of their low energy consumption, low maintenance, and small size. Mostly color LED lights are used in automobile and traffic signal indicators. LEDs also act as luminaries for fiber optic cables that use their light for signaling in telecommunication and for lighting application.
- DECORATIVE ART LIGHTING- The use of LED for decorative purposes is a traditional practice. People use various LED items to adorn their Christmas trees, frames, showcase and a range of LED products to produce festive light.
- UNDERWATER AND SWIMMING POOL LIGHTING – With the enhancement in technology, LEDs are now available in a waterproof form for underwater applications. LEDs are now capable to create a dramatic lighting effect in your aquarium and luxurious swimming pool area along with cutting your energy cost.
Most pool owners are now enlightening their pool water and landscape with LED lights. One of the important reasons is LED brightness and shock-resistant nature. Their multi-color brightness will illuminate pool and spa features effectively and swimmers are fearless with the current while using it. The availability of LED in various colors helps to create desired effect and enhance the attraction to the pool.
Water fountains, aquariums, artificial waterfalls, and several other water features are glowing up by LED in the much brighter way and contribute to improving the overall pool’s atmosphere.
As said earlier, the areas and possibilities of LED application are infinite and are only bounded by imagination. LED technology applies to any desired area; you just need a thoughtful and creative approach to use it accordingly. Knowing the basic, installation, and application of LED technology will help you to opt for a better lighting experience and proves a step forward for a green and clean environment.